MIDI notes on Ardour desappear at the beginning?

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

digitsun
Established Member

MIDI notes on Ardour desappear at the beginning?

Post by digitsun »

The problem is well documented by the Ardour community. When I edit MIDI notes and I try move the notes at the beginning of the segment this notes desappear, with or without snap option.

In this post of Ardour forum the problem is explained and Paul answer with two links to the Ardour's bug system (well, Paul was very very consice). In a link Paul explained a solution or something, but I really don't understand how to fix this problematic behavior or maybe this is a bug without solution.

Now I'm using Ardour 6.9 (MX Linux)
tavasti
Established Member

Re: MIDI notes on Ardour desappear at the beginning?

Post by tavasti »

digitsun wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:57 am The problem is well documented by the Ardour community. When I edit MIDI notes and I try move the notes at the beginning of the segment this notes desappear, with or without snap option.

In this post of Ardour forum the problem is explained and Paul answer with two links to the Ardour's bug system (well, Paul was very very consice). In a link Paul explained a solution or something, but I really don't understand how to fix this problematic behavior or maybe this is a bug without solution.
In that bug Paul is more explaining how to reproduce bug/debug it, but no resolution there.

Reading that, I think you might be able to mitigate problem with stretching midi region (with snap off), so that region starts bit before first note.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

digitsun
Established Member

Post by digitsun »

tavasti wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 am Reading that, I think you might be able to mitigate problem with stretching midi region (with snap off), so that region starts bit before first note.
That's right, I believe that is the only way to solve the problem. Maybe in Ardour 7 Paul and Ardour team solve the problem.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

digitsun wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:29 am That's right, I believe that is the only way to solve the problem. Maybe in Ardour 7 Paul and Ardour team solve the problem.
Problem has been around for a long time, but yes, now new re-implementation of whole midi code is done, and it is coming to A7. Sure big changes, so expecting some new, totally different bugs :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM