Problem in recording ardour6.9 sound with OBS Studios with claudia?

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aquarious12
Established Member

Re: Problem in recording ardour6.9 sound with OBS Studios with claudia?

Post by Aquarious12 »

merlyn wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:18 pm
Aquarious12 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:51 pm as faras claudia been out of date can you suggest anything . as i do use qjackctl sometimes but there is no saving option of made connection in graph , need something that have this setting.
There are a couple of session managers -- Agordejo https://www.laborejo.org/agordejo/ and RaySession https://github.com/Houston4444/RaySession.

I've been trying out RaySession and it seems good. It has a patchbay which is based on the Carla patchbay, so that should be familiar to you coming from Claudia.
i will try with those and see if there is any change in result.
Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

LAM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:15 pm Hi @Aquarious12,
as far I know the "No Align" message is a warning of ambiguous latency, not feedback (https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/blob/a ... i2.cc#L827 ).

I tried to recreate it but with no luck:

is there any chance that version of ardour is different which is causing the problem
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Aquarious12 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 pm is there any chance that version of ardour is different which is causing the problem
I use the 6.5 from the Debian sid repos, appearance is a bit different because I'm using a custom theme I made: https://gitlab.com/lam604/audiothemes

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

There are now three windows in Ardour -- the Editor, the Mixer and the Record windows. The record window is a recent addition and shows input monitoring for all tracks and hardware inputs.

Connecting a hardware input to 'physical_audio_input_monitor_enable' means the signals coming into the hardware inputs show up on the meters.
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

That's why I never seen this port, ok this mystery is now solved. :lol:

"No Align" is about ambiguous latency, I never encountered this problem myself before and also on the Ardour bug tracker I can't find a solution on that.

Could be something linked to MIDI? https://discourse.ardour.org/t/midi-lat ... s/104088/7

merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

On the screenshots there is a JACK client called 'JACK Input Client'. I'd guess that is OBS. The latency through that will be ambiguous -- I don't think Ardour would know what it is. I would think the light will go out if OBS isn't running. I would also think the red light is not an issue if everything works and sounds good.
Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

merlyn wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:07 pm On the screenshots there is a JACK client called 'JACK Input Client'. I'd guess that is OBS. The latency through that will be ambiguous -- I don't think Ardour would know what it is. I would think the light will go out if OBS isn't running. I would also think the red light is not an issue if everything works and sounds good.
i guess what you say is right , there is no problem in recording or sound of it in any manner but i just wanted to know what might be the reason of it and as per my knowledge i thought it was due to my connections

thanks for the help guys , this forum for linux musicians is awesome

LAM
linuxmusician01
merlyn

Thanks.
Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

Guys i think i just found out the problem , which must be unique to me i guess

1. when i have obs jack only connected to the master out of ardour the ambiguous signal with red light dosent show.
2. when the connection of ardour master out id made with system playback receive side with obs jack then its there the red sign.

i guess this might give you all something to rub your head on

@Lam i did see the same connection configuration is in your pics, any thing you want to suggest on it.
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

@Aquarious12
I just upgraded to Ardour 6.9 from 6.5 and by my disappointment some midi mappings functions don't work anymore.

Anyway, back to your problem I think I found a way to solve it.
As I installed Ardour 6.9 it was using the old configuration from 6.5 and I had the same "No Align" red button flashing.
I backed up my old config folder and removed it (~/.config/ardour6) to let Ardour recreate it.
When i restarted Ardour there were no more flashing buttons. :D

I don't know how you guys can use 6.9 .... :lol:

Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

LAM wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 pm @Aquarious12
I just upgraded to Ardour 6.9 from 6.5 and by my disappointment some midi mappings functions don't work anymore.

As I installed Ardour 6.9 it was using the old configuration from 6.5 and I had the same "No Align" red button flashing.
I backed up my old config folder and removed it (~/.config/ardour6) to let Ardour recreate it.

thanks for replying

i did the change as you suggested i made back up of ardour5 folder and deleted it from .config but still the things are same , i guess it was there for a month or so it might have done some chages or something.

can you suggests any changes in .config of ardour6.or just share it with mw so i can do the changes , if any.

about using the ardour 6.9 , yoiu might have started usingf ardour from ardour 4 . but i started it from 5.12 and also new in this all music production. so i dont have more advance understanding just yet.

i would like to know if any other members use ardour here , it would be a great help.i would like to follow on any social media or here as well.

the reason i mentioned above i created a channel on you tube if you all can go through it and suggest anything , would be a great help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyDvzbRrmY 1st video and rest you can visit from there. please do visit.

thank you
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Aquarious12 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:22 pm
thanks for replying

i did the change as you suggested i made back up of ardour5 folder and deleted it from .config but still the things are same , i guess it was there for a month or so it might have done some chages or something.

can you suggests any changes in .config of ardour6.or just share it with mw so i can do the changes , if any.

about using the ardour 6.9 , yoiu might have started usingf ardour from ardour 4 . but i started it from 5.12 and also new in this all music production. so i dont have more advance understanding just yet.

i would like to know if any other members use ardour here , it would be a great help.i would like to follow on any social media or here as well.

the reason i mentioned above i created a channel on you tube if you all can go through it and suggest anything , would be a great help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyDvzbRrmY 1st video and rest you can visit from there. please do visit.

thank you
Hi @Aquarious12,

my suggestion was about ardour6 and not ardour5, every major version of Ardour create its own config folder.

However I solved the blinking "No Align" problem removing the .config/ardour6 folder and launching Ardour 6.9 again. If you deleted ardour5 instead of ardour6 folder Ardour 6.9 wil not rewrite a new configuration, that could be the problem.

Regarding other Ardour users videos I warmly suggest (if you don't already know) the @unfa ones, it's among the best (if not the best) YT channels on music production with Ardour on Linux. https://www.youtube.com/c/unfa000

Other suggested YT channels:
@d.healey https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvr9is ... -dcKPKyJZA
@Arkforest https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdUBwY ... oBiDh9jXjg

Good luck for your new YT channel. Clicked on the link but I can't watch the video right now, if I have suggestions I will post here, I'm not logging on Google/YT.

Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

Aquarious12 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:22 pm
LAM wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 pm @Aquarious12

thanks for replying

about using the ardour 6.9 , you might have started using ardour from ardour 4 . but i started it from 5.12 and also new in this all music production. so i dont have more advance understanding just yet.

thank you
sorry for my misunderstanding on last post.i did deleted the ardour6 folder from config. and let the ardour make new one as you said but things are same as they were.

anything else you want to suggets.i did look into config file but there is nothing there i guess i will send it if you can check out anything on it.
jack connection graph settings
when ardour master out is connected to system out with obs jack input then there is no align with red light
when ardour master out is directly connected to obs jack input then there is no problem.
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Aquarious12 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:57 pm anything else you want to suggets.i did look into config file but there is nothing there i guess i will send it if you can check out anything on it.
If things work normally I would just ignore it. As I discover something else about it I will report back. :wink:

Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

LAM wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Aquarious12 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:57 pm anything else you want to suggets.i did look into config file but there is nothing there i guess i will send it if you can check out anything on it.
If things work normally I would just ignore it. As I discover something else about it I will report back. :wink:

thank you very much, would be a great help.
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

@Aquarious12 The "No Align" alert in certain conditions might be a bug:
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/opencolo ... /106691/21

Let's see if there will be a bug report on this.