Linear filter automation in Qtractor

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tuzzo
Established Member

Linear filter automation in Qtractor

Post by tuzzo »

Hello,
I tried to use a bandpass filter (Calf) on an audio track in Qtractor. I set the automation on the filter but it doesn't let me change the mode into "Linear" so i can't "fade" the effect in or out. It only lets me chose "Hold" mode. Could someone explain me this behavior? Is there a workaround or another plugin i can use?

EDIT: Seems like i can only set different automation modes on specific Plugin parameters, not on the plugin itself.
rncbc
Established Member

Re: Linear filter automation in Qtractor

Post by rncbc »

tuzzo wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:50 pm EDIT: Seems like i can only set different automation modes on specific Plugin parameters, not on the plugin itself.
you probably meaning the "Activate" plugin parameter: so yes, as being a toggle on/off switch, you can only set it "Hold" mode.
tuzzo
Established Member

Post by tuzzo »

Thanks for the reply. Yes i figured out i have to use a plugin with a Wet/Dry mix parameter or find another workaround.
bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

tuzzo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:58 am Thanks for the reply. Yes i figured out i have to use a plugin with a Wet/Dry mix parameter or find another workaround.
You can place the plugin in a bus (wet output only) and automate the AUX Send in the track.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/