Problem recording midi with Reaper

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ramrebol
Established Member

Problem recording midi with Reaper

Post by ramrebol »

Hello.

I`m trying to use my Casio PX-5S as midi controler, just to record a midi song. I`m not caring about VST, I`m using the same Casio to reproduce it.. Also, I not use JACK, I just use pulseaudio.

My problem is that the midi is not recorded well. To explain this, please revise the following file?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

It contains three files?

- 1-recorded-with-my-celphone-audio-original.mp3 I just recorded with my celphone what I played.
- 2-reproducing-the-midi.mp3 I reproduce the midi, and you can appreciate that are not the same, how can be possible !!
- test.mid is the midi recorded. You can see that the midi file is as file 2*.,mp3

I don`t know where can be the error here. Please,can anyone help me to find how to fix this

I`m using Ubuntu 18.04 (I used Ubuntu Studio 20.04 too in the same pc with the same problems), with reaper without Jack. I had problems installing Jack, and that is why I`m not using it.
gauderbock
Established Member

Re: Problem recording midi with Reaper

Post by gauderbock »

Do you have quantize while recording turned on? I've found that usually messes the timing up, but I've not been able to find a solution. Seems to be a Linux only thing as I can't find any other reports of such obvious timing problems...