Pushing through a bus, then losing stereo...

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dchurch24
Established Member

Pushing through a bus, then losing stereo...

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi all,

I've been watching various videos on youtube and reading about, and many sound engineers suggest pushing most instruments through a bus, then adding a small room reverb, which I've done and the results are quite good.

...but, I lose the ability to pan the individual instruments left/right (obviously).

How do people do that? Do they just lose those tracks from the bus and pipe them straight to the master?
spamatica
Established Member

Re: Pushing through a bus, then losing stereo...

Post by spamatica »

dchurch24 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:00 am Hi all,

I've been watching various videos on youtube and reading about, and many sound engineers suggest pushing most instruments through a bus, then adding a small room reverb, which I've done and the results are quite good.

...but, I lose the ability to pan the individual instruments left/right (obviously).

How do people do that? Do they just lose those tracks from the bus and pipe them straight to the master?
It would be helpful if you mentioned which DAW you are using as this might work quite differently in different tools.
I would suspect the bus exist in both mono and stereo versions though, you should absolutely be able to pan.
MusE DAW