New to hydrogen need help with setup

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Brandonabandon
Established Member

New to hydrogen need help with setup

Post by Brandonabandon »

I'm experimenting with Linux audio and would like to to utilize hydrogen with my electronic drumkit but but I'm unable to properly map sound from my interface to hydrogen. my connections as of now are as follows:

1.hydrogen connections - audio=alsa, device=hw:0, midi driver=alsa, input and output=audiobox usb midi 1

2.jackctl - driver=alsa, interface=hw:usb, midi driver=none

3.jackctl connect - audio out= audiobox usb connecting to hydrogen audio in and audio in= audiobox usb connecting to hydrogen audio out

i tried a few different configuration using jack as the hydrogen audio driver and various inputs but im unable to produce sound within hydrogen. im unable to find any other advice online. i would appreciate any advice.
Brandonabandon
Established Member

Re: New to hydrogen need help with setup

Post by Brandonabandon »

Here's a ss of what I did with Carla via a Reddit suggestion https://m.imgur.com/a/7rZbzWE I'm also unable to use hydrogen with win10. I need this app....
Brandonabandon
Established Member

Re: New to hydrogen need help with setup

Post by Brandonabandon »

So my kit has a USB like my audiobox which is what I need to connect to my pc. I didn't notice it because it's not the standard connection. I'm now wondering if a midi to PC cable would allow my interface to play with hydrogen. Solved for now anyway.