Audacity: missing L/R widgets on the horizontal scrollbar

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Audacity: missing L/R widgets on the horizontal scrollbar

Post by glowrak guy »

Hi, recenty, there are not the small < and > shaped widgets on the left and right edges of Audacity's horizontal scrollbar,
at the bottom of the Audacity window. These allow to freely and precisely move the wavform as needed without constantly
futzing with the mouse and arrow keys.

This appears to be a window-manager gui function, as there are screeshots of recent Audacity versions
showing those widgets. If you have them in your Audacity, would you please share the related details?
Doesn't matter if it's an older Audacity, or not the typical mainstream windowing manager.
Thanks

Audacity-directional-widgets.png
Audacity-directional-widgets.png (147.53 KiB) Viewed 572 times
fulltwentycharacters
Established Member

Re: Audacity: missing L/R widgets on the horizontal scrollbar

Post by fulltwentycharacters »

I am with you 100% on this issue.
I just installed the latest Audacity (2.4.something) and the little arrows are gone.
What's worse about it is when you zoom in on a tiny section of audio in a 2 hour recording; when you try to move the slider just a tiny bit, your selected section shoots out of view way off screen to the left or right.
I actually have to hit the spacebar (play) in order to center the selection again and then try again to move the slider a tiny bit...
I am thinking that there is some kind of shortcut to move the cursor to the beginning of a selection and I will go look for it; but I am right there with you; we ought to make signs that read "WE WANT The ARROWS BACK!" and march back and forth in front of Audacity headquarters (peacefully, of course lol)
NO ARROWS; NO PEACE!