Qtracktor and multiple output plugins

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Postie

Qtracktor and multiple output plugins

Post by Postie »

Hi there, folks! I've kinda stuck with this one, maybe you can help me. I have a pretty big background working in Cubase and Reaper and one of the really useful features is ability to engage additional outputs for a track. Let's say you have a virtual drum plugin and you want to process each mic individually, but you don't want to create a whole bunch of tracks for individual sounds. I started to like Qtracktor but it seems this feature is missing, or i am doing something wrong? I can't get more than two dedicated outputs from track.
rncbc
Established Member

Re: Qtracktor and multiple output plugins

Post by rncbc »

you can:
1) create a new audio output bus (main menu: View > Buses...) with the desired number of channels;
2) assign the new bus as the audio output for the MIDI track where the multi-output plugin is inserted (plugins context/right-click menu: Audio > [bus-name]).
hth.
cheers
ps. refer to qtractor as the correct spell, without the "k" ;)
Postie

Re: Qtracktor and multiple output plugins

Post by Postie »

Thank you very much! I'll try this method. At first i considered just "outboard" my drums to carla, but this seems to be a much simpler solution. Hmm, no wonder i can't google anything useful with "qtracktor" query :) Thanks again!