Jack Guitarix Audient ID4 how to get it working

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Jack Guitarix Audient ID4 how to get it working

Post by Linux_Voivod »

Hi all,

I'm new to homerecording with Linux. After I found a review on this forum about Audient ID4, I decided to order one. Install guitarix and Qjackctl and get the things going. If only it were that simple. First off I get this message when opening guitarix (after running Jack): PitchTracker *** error creating realtime thread - tuner not started (no idea what this means and can't get it away. I tried Jack tuner, which works)
Then next I see the pre-amp responding to my plugged in guitar. But no response from the effects from guitarix (no cool metalsound, so I could record some killerriffs in audacity. Ardour doesn't seem to work yet either). I've been trying for about 6 hours now, reading many topics here, but I can't get it fixed. What am I doing wrong here? What am I missing?

Attached is a picture with my beautiful set up, might be a bit too much, but at least the pre-amp is responding to this.
And I put my guitar in the Audient ID4 and headphones from the ID4 in my ears.

My setup of Jack is:
driver: alsa; realtime: on; midi driver: none
advanced settings: output and input: hw:iD4,0
Attachments
guitarghrix.jpg
guitarghrix.jpg (154.48 KiB) Viewed 802 times

Linux Ubuntu 22.04. Yabridge, Kontakt, Metal

Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Re: Jack Guitarix Audient ID4 how to get it working

Post by Linux_Voivod »

I actually got the guitarix thing with Jack fixed. Now I'm struggling to get Ardour going and Audacity doesn't pick up the inputsignal anymore.

Linux Ubuntu 22.04. Yabridge, Kontakt, Metal