Motu Midi Express 128

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

retnev
Established Member

Motu Midi Express 128

Post by retnev »

Anyone using a Motu Midi Express 128 with Linux ?

I guess there is no Linux config tool available and it has to be used with Windows and ideally with a windows emulator on Linux.

If so, what is the program called to configure it. It is not clear from Motu's site. Supposed to be clockworks, but if I install the midi drivers and Clockworks then it comes up with a video app "Timepiece" when I start clockworks. Weird !

I first want to get it running on a native windows system before I move it over to a windows emulator on Linux.

I ask just in case someone uses it and configures with a Windows Emulator on Linux, and to give me pointers.

Thanks
Mulch

Re: Motu Midi Express 128

Post by Mulch »

Those Motu devices don't work on Linux - I have the Motu micro 5x5 and it only works on Windoze. IMHO a stupid move by Motu - devices by Behringer and Focusrite will work out of the box on Linux. I would love someone to prove me wrong on this one.
vampirefrog

Post by vampirefrog »

Sorry for necroposting, I have written a linux driver for the midi express 128, still in alpha stage, check it out here: https://github.com/vampirefrog/motu
Phitar
Established Member

Post by Phitar »

vampirefrog wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Sorry for necroposting, I have written a linux driver for the midi express 128, still in alpha stage, check it out here: https://github.com/vampirefrog/motu

Old post I know, but I'm new here so please excuse my attempt to wake the dead.

Checking to see if anyone knows of any new development such as this to support MOTU Midi interfaces (micro lite, micro express, or micro express 128) with Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS?

TIA !