Rosegarden studio settings

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

davidarf

Rosegarden studio settings

Post by davidarf »

I am quite new to Rosegarden (on Ubuntu Studio) routing through Jack and I am in the process of importing my collection of MIDI arrangements. I use a 4 port MIDI interface with 3 ports in active use for external devices, Korg Synth on port 1, Yamaha synth on port 4 and Zoom guitar effects on port 2. I have imported several arrangements and they all played correctly and have been saved with these settings. I have also saved the default studio with my devices.
On the last two occasions that I have started the PC and opened Jack and Rosegarden, I found that the default studio links my settings for the Korg to port 2 and the Zoom to port 3. When I open previously saved Rosegarden files for my arrangements, they all show the incorrect routing. I can manually change the settings back to the correct ones and |I can save the default studio, but the previously saved arrangements that played correctly when saved still point to the wrong ports when opened. I can import the corrected studio to these arrangements and they then play correctly.
Can anyone help me with this problem. What is causing the routing to change and how can I stop it. I don't want to have to edit every file each time I start a new Rosegarden session.

David