Hydrogen randomly slow down

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

minghio

Hydrogen randomly slow down

Post by minghio »

Hi to everyone, when I run a pattern in Hydrogen at first it runs smoothly, then after 4 or 5 times it randomly slow down.
I've not xruns in Jack.
I use Ubuntu Hardy Release Candidate with freebob drivers (I've a M-audio firewire solo). I've installed hydrogen from repository.
What should I try to solve the problem?
Thank you
schivmeister
Established Member

Post by schivmeister »

I hope you've posted this in Hydrogen forums too, because frankly that's a very strange issue.

Initially runs smoothly and after a particular period of time it "randomly" slows down?

What is the effect of the slowdown? (eg. cracks, distortion, none) I did face pattern playback problems before where if using ALSA (not JACK) the first 1 or 2 beats get missed but nothing of this sort.
thorgal
Established Member

Post by thorgal »

I suggest you try the SVN version (0.9.4). It has a lot of improvements regarding transport, sync'ing with jack , etc.
minghio

Post by minghio »

Thank you, this evening I'll try to compile it
studio32

Post by studio32 »

I've installed it...

What happens with the jack connections... I've track 1 - 32 in the jack connections...

And don't have sound... only sound from the metronome... not in the mixer/ master....

EDIT: mm the problem is the drumkits... I only have two...
(but it has lash-support (but it is not working on my system) and also you can set the tempo by tapstart)