Getting started with a DAW in Linux

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Getting started with a DAW in Linux

Post by sysrqer »

42low wrote:
And there are other opinions about KX. My opinion on this subject is different then yours, and both are good opinions. I accept your choise and advice. Why can't you accept mine and keep denying it?
Like i said those are personal opinions and not open for discussion. So please don't start these discussions all the time.

At the end these three options are the one and only reasonable and reliable.
Ardour install, KX install, or sudo install.
And it's up to IllustratorPascal to choose, try, experience and eventually in the future choose his own personal favourite option.

And for now he's asking for a simple command-less option. Direct KX and Ardour install demand series off commands, correct?
The sudo option only demands one command (given already), and therefore seems to be a good option within his question right now at this moment for IllustratorPascal to start with. Then he can now get familiar with Ardour (and other studio software) and can later decide to upgrade or other version or whatever.
Right and reasonable? Or not?

An yes he can also choose for KX right away. Also a good option and totally fine with me. But then he will need help and can confront problems as he already says he's struggling over command.
I am not denying anything. I hadn't even mentioned anything about kxstudio except that if it meets certain requirements that a developer states then there is a good reason to recommend it (or would you prefer to recommend that people go ahead and pay for an ardour download just to see if it help?).

Honestly, I would trust the advice of the ardour developer for help with ardour rather than anyone else.

Once again, this is discussion and not persecusion.
tramp
Established Member

Re: Getting started with a DAW in Linux

Post by tramp »

enough is enough, isn't it?

Even the main developer of Ardour have proven the stances from 42low as wrong,
the Ardour version from a distribution isn't 100% Ardour, and not is supported by them.
That is all I wrote here to clear this wrongly given information by 42low, but he, try to insist a personal campaign out of it.
42low wrote:Here we go again. The troops are gathering again.
it's time for moderation to split this shit out of this topic. :twisted:
On the road again.