Ardour vs Audacity with Guitarix and IRs

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gianbulls23
Established Member

Re: Ardour vs Audacity with Guitarix and IRs

Post by gianbulls23 »

sadko4u wrote:
LSP convolvers also may be executed as a standalone JACK applications. So you actually do not need any plugin host.
Great, it works! First impressions are very very good.
Impulse Reverb Stereo seems to be the best to fit needs of a tube amp, giving back an even more realistic sound, compressed as is from the tube amp, no more compression at a proper level of wet gain (-35db in my case)
I couldn't believe LSP is able to load up to 4 cabinets at once :D
I've just loaded four 4x12 Recto cabinets and also playing a Telecaster, with less gain of course, the bluesy feel it's in.

Now I'm going to test it again in order to find out the best tone as possible and then go back to the first issue, related to Ardour vs Audacity different quality recording, this time using LSP stand alone or guest within Ardour.

Thank you
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

gianbulls23 wrote:Great, it works! First impressions are very very good.
Impulse Reverb Stereo seems to be the best to fit needs of a tube amp, giving back an even more realistic sound, compressed as is from the tube amp, no more compression at a proper level of wet gain (-35db in my case)
I couldn't believe LSP is able to load up to 4 cabinets at once :D
I've just loaded four 4x12 Recto cabinets and also playing a Telecaster, with less gain of course, the bluesy feel it's in.

Now I'm going to test it again in order to find out the best tone as possible and then go back to the first issue, related to Ardour vs Audacity different quality recording, this time using LSP stand alone or guest within Ardour.

Thank you
Very impressive feedback, thank you! You're always welcome!
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

gianbulls23 wrote:Now I'm going to test it again in order to find out the best tone as possible and then go back to the first issue, related to Ardour vs Audacity different quality recording, this time using LSP stand alone or guest within Ardour.
The only reasonable culprit is a connection error, may be in jack, or in ardour itself.
Your best bet is indeed to use the LSP plugin in ardour to avoid mismatching connections in jack. Start a fresh session in ardour and take care what connection you made.

guitarix, for example, remember it's connection and auto-reconnect them on the next startup, that may lead to connections you ain't have expected and could lead to un-wanted results. For example have connected a micro input additional to the instrumental input.
On the road again.