[SOLVED] Mixbus32C buds connection issues

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

[SOLVED] Mixbus32C buds connection issues

Post by funkmuscle »

I had to reinstall Mixbus32C as I updated my hardware and as I got back to adding new tracks to a session, I can't connect them to buss tracks. The new tracks can't see the buss track but the old tracks can. I'm not talking about the 12 buss. I'm for instance trying to route the snare top and bottom to a buss track. I click on 'out' and I see 'disconnect', 'Routing Grid' and one other track but no buss. I'm on ArchLinux.
Last edited by funkmuscle on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Mixbus32C buds connection issues

Post by tavasti »

Asking on Mixbus forum might be good idea: http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-1.html

Edit: and oh, you have done it :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tavasti wrote:Asking on Mixbus forum might be good idea: http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-1.html

Edit: and oh, you have done it :-)
:D yep and even Facebook. :shock:
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Ok solved. Issues was using the import in Mixbus32C which was never an issue. I would record in Ardour and mix in Mixbus as recording in Mixbus, my PC cries for mercy :D
My workaround was to drag and drop the exported Ardour tracks in Mixbus and that did it.
By the way, same version of Ardour and Mixbus as before.
thanx for help
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: [SOLVED] Mixbus32C buds connection issues

Post by sysrqer »

Not sure I understand the solution, so if you import files you are not able to route their tracks?
That must be a bug, surely?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:Not sure I understand the solution, so if you import files you are not able to route their tracks?
That must be a bug, surely?
I know it sounds strange because both programs are the exact same before I reinstalled my system.
I did the import and I couldn't root say for instance this near top and the snare bottom to a buss track
I decided to do I drag and drop after creating blank tracks and they work.

everything worked then I reinstalled Arch because partitioning issues and I just reinstalled both Ardour and Mixbus .
The song I was working on I didn't like what the drums sounded like so I recorded them using drum Gizmo in Ardour like I've always done and then exported them and try to import on it imported okay but when I went to do the routing that's when I ran into the issue.
Last edited by funkmuscle on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

I'll have a look on my smaller version of mixbus later tonight and see if I can reproduce it, sounds very strange although not really surprising for me at all.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:I'll have a look on my smaller version of mixbus later tonight and see if I can reproduce it, sounds very strange although not really surprising for me at all.
yep.. dunno if it's a bug unless Arch with it's bleed edge releases, something may not of gelled with the latest version.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Just tried on Mixbus 4.3.19 (rev 4.3-19-gf3cb168) and don't have the same issue. I don't know how to get a newer version if there is one...
I hope it's a temporary arch related bug. I'm not a fan of mixbus in the slightest when it comes to the manually created buses, it actually cripples the software for me, which is why this doesn't surprise me, but hopefully they haven't created an even bigger mess in that area and it is just a config/package issue.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:Just tried on Mixbus 4.3.19 (rev 4.3-19-gf3cb168) and don't have the same issue. I don't know how to get a newer version if there is one...
I hope it's a temporary arch related bug. I'm not a fan of mixbus in the slightest when it comes to the manually created buses, it actually cripples the software for me, which is why this doesn't surprise me, but hopefully they haven't created an even bigger mess in that area and it is just a config/package issue.
same version. I'm so use to it now that I love it.