Ardour-$foobar

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

thumbknuckle
Established Member

Re: Ardour-$foobar

Post by thumbknuckle »

I am kind of bummed out that any development time at all was spent on MIDI. We might have a legit Protools alternative by now if all that labor wasn't wasted.

I've never understood why keyboard players couldn't just play their parts and record the audio like everybody else, but that's another story.
Faster than a laser bullet.
Louder than an atom bomb.
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

thumbknuckle wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:20 pm I am kind of bummed out that any development time at all was spent on MIDI. We might have a legit Protools alternative by now if all that labor wasn't wasted.

I've never understood why keyboard players couldn't just play their parts and record the audio like everybody else, but that's another story.
I am a guitarist but I program drums and keys with a mouse or keyboard in midi, so I am very glad that Midi is in Ardour.

Also keyboard players use midi so that they can change patches after recording, the way that a lot of guitarists are now recording dry takes so that they can re-amp.

This may not be your thing but a lot of us find it useful.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

I think unfa was right. No one is expecting advanced midi centric workflows but what is already there doesn't really work.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Ardour-6.3.0 is here. \o/
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.