Ardour 4.7 crash during export

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Ardour 4.7 crash during export

Post by Frank Carvalho »

This should probably be reported as a bug in Ardour bug tracker, but I am not registered.
I have a project in Ardour 4.7 which crashes 4 out of 5 times during export, at seemingly random places. I have tried to start it from command line, to get some more info, and this is the result:

Code: Select all

ardour4
bind txt domain [gtk2_ardour4] to /opt/ardour4/share/locale
Ardour4.7.0 (built using 4.7 and GCC version 4.4.7)
ardour: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Ardour to only 4096 open files
ardour: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file /opt/ardour4/etc/system_config
Loading user configuration file /home/etcetera/.config/ardour4/config
CPU vendor: AuthenticAMD
ardour: [INFO]: AVX-capable processor
ardour: [INFO]: CPU brand: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor           
ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines
ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file /opt/ardour4/etc/default_ui_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file /home/etcetera/.config/ardour4/ui_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading color file /opt/ardour4/etc/dark.colors
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/ardour4/etc/clearlooks.rc
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/ardour4/etc/clearlooks.rc
EngineControl::set_state
Found 3 along /home/etcetera/.config/ardour4/templates:/opt/ardour4/share/templates
run dialog
Announcement is: Version 5.3 has been released. Update at http://ardour.org/download
Error opening file /home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl
Scanning folders for bundled LV2s: /opt/ardour4/lib/LV2
Error opening file /home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/etcetera/.lv2/obxd_bank.tar.bz2/manifest.ttl
Set cursor set to default
Set buffering params to 262144|131072|10|10
Set buffering params to 262144|131072|10|10
Skip explicit buffer seconds, preset in use
Skip explicit buffer seconds, preset in use
*** Error in `/opt/ardour4/bin/ardour-4.7.0': malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x00007f2e08013050 ***
Aborted (core dumped)
The memory address referred seems to vary between exports. Any suggestions?

Another observation. After the crash, jackd seems to go mad, maxing out one CPU core until I stop it.

/Frank
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Ardour 4.7 crash during export

Post by sysrqer »

One of these maybe?
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=6815
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7032

It only takes a minute to register but I would imagine they will tell you to update to 5.3. You can download the free demo, might be worth seeing if the same thing happens with that as well.
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Re: Ardour 4.7 crash during export

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Found those too.
The first one crashes when analysis is on, but I believe analysis is made after the export, and mine crashes during the export stage itself.
The last one looks similar, except mine also crashes without overwriting older files, and this bug report is actually for version 5.3.
BTW, I have never experienced this with other projects.

Perhaps I should register. Better do it the right way.

/Frank
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.