Ardour/Edirol DA-2496 No output

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dchurch24
Established Member

Ardour/Edirol DA-2496 No output

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi all,

after a considerable hiatus, I decided to return to Ardour and computer recording in general (bought a cheap 8-track Tascam that I was using for a few years until I found it a bit restrictive).

The card/edirol is recognised and at one point I could see the input meter going up and down in input 3 when I plugged a guitar in, but I can't seem to be able to patch it through to Ardour Audio-1, and then back out so that I can hear/record it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, I've been at it for a few hours now and I don't remember it being this difficult before.

Cheers,

Dave. :-)
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Ardour/Edirol DA-2496 No output

Post by Pablo »

If the problem has to do with virtual (jack) connections, patchage is a great diagnosing tool for this.
You can split the ardour box for a better view. You can connect/disconnect input/outputs directly in patchage, too.
dchurch24
Established Member

Re: Ardour/Edirol DA-2496 No output

Post by dchurch24 »

Thank you....however; I'm almost too embarrassed to say what the problem was, but here goes: :oops:

I had the input working but no output - still not sure about the output.
My lodger came home and had picked up a new guitar amp for me that I'd bought on ebay, I took the lead from the Edirol and took it downstairs to the amp, tested it and it all worked fine. I then took the lead back upstairs and plugged it back into the Edirol machine......in the OUTPUT socket! Doh!

After a couple of hours of messing about, I went to bed. Started again in the morning and it was the first thing I checked!

It's all working fine now :o