QMidiArp no midi out

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

somedude
Established Member

QMidiArp no midi out

Post by somedude »

I'm using kxstudio and I've just started plunging into qmidiarp, it looks like an amazing tool that I look forward exploring more. Along my midi route I have a keystation that generates midi messages, an interfase (Focusrite 2i4) and a hardware synth. I can output midi from my keystation directly to the midi interfase using qjackctl. I can also successfully send midi from the keystation to qmidiarp (the midi event log in qmidiarp shows this, and I confirm it with midisnoop).

However I cannot figure out how to output midi from qmidiarp into the midi interfase. I know midi is not going out because there is no sound coming from the synth plugged to the interfase, and also midisnoop shows no data coming _out_ of qmidiarp in qjackctl. I tried both ports and all midi channels in qmidiarp, and still midisnoop shows no data coming out.

The most frustrating thing is that I was able to do it properly yesterday when I first started playing around with qmidiarp, so I might have had the correct settings by random poking around. I did an update but not sure if this has anything to do with this. I've read the manual and saw some tutorials but I can't find any solution.

Any pointers much appreciated.
somedude
Established Member

Re: QMidiArp no midi out

Post by somedude »

For future dumbasses like my self coming across this post: YOU NEED TO BE RUNNING WITH THE INTERNAL CLOCK IN ORDER FOR MIDI SIGNALS TO PASS THROUGH (PRESS THE DAMN PLAY BUTTON).

:roll: