File manager error in Ardour

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

paul
Established Member

File manager error in Ardour

Post by paul »

Hey. Ardour 4.2 here. I've noticed that if I open an Ardour file by double click in its folder, if the folder name contains a space, Ardour drops whatever is after the space (and so it does not find anything), like a very old file manager. I guess some quotes are missing somewhere in the code...can someone reproduce, so we can file a bug report?
Keep on rocking in the free world!
bluebell
Established Member

Re: File manager error in Ardour

Post by bluebell »

Only Windows and Mac dudes would use spaces in filenames :lol:

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

zettberlin
Established Member

Post by zettberlin »

paul wrote:Hey. Ardour 4.2 here. I've noticed that if I open an Ardour file by double click in its folder, if the folder name contains a space, Ardour drops whatever is after the space (and so it does not find anything),
Do you encounter this while browsing for files to import in a session? If so have you checked the chooser under the file-list to the right? The default search pattern is "MIDI-files" so folders, that do not have such files look like empty... ;-)
nostrum fungitur
paul
Established Member

Post by paul »

zettberlin wrote:
paul wrote:Hey. Ardour 4.2 here. I've noticed that if I open an Ardour file by double click in its folder, if the folder name contains a space, Ardour drops whatever is after the space (and so it does not find anything),
Do you encounter this while browsing for files to import in a session? If so have you checked the chooser under the file-list to the right? The default search pattern is "MIDI-files" so folders, that do not have such files look like empty... ;-)
No, no, I had open a project folder with my usual file manager (Dolphin), then double-clicked on the .ardour file.
Keep on rocking in the free world!