Quantizing *audio* tracks [SOLVED]

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

paul
Established Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by paul »

RockHopper wrote:It might be worth compiling the latest source code as the GUI has changed alot since the last release. It's pretty easy to build Shuriken - instructions are on the GitHub page: https://github.com/rock-hopper/shuriken

If the waveform display is still all black I'll look into this at the weekend.
Ok, compiled it from source...and yes, the wave is black. The whole waveform rectangle is just a black rectangle.
Keep on rocking in the free world!

RockHopper
Established Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by RockHopper »

Right, I'll need to look into why the desktop theme is affecting the waveform. Thanks for flagging this up.

paul
Established Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by paul »

RockHopper wrote:Right, I'll need to look into why the desktop theme is affecting the waveform. Thanks for flagging this up.
Hi. I don't know if you have had time to look into this. Anyway, the problem persists, at least for me!
Keep on rocking in the free world!

RockHopper
Established Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by RockHopper »

Hi paul,

Sorry, I was hoping to look into it this weekend but never got the chance. I'll try again next weekend!

RockHopper
Established Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by RockHopper »

Hi paul,

I've re-installed KXStudio 14.04.2 and ticked the box to use the default dark theme. I compiled Shuriken and it seems to work fine here - there's no black rectangle and the waveform displays as normal. I'm not really sure what to suggest. Perhaps you've got a graphics driver issue, though that's just a wild guess. Sorry to keep you hanging on all this time and not have an answer at the end of it! :(

paul
Established Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by paul »

RockHopper wrote:Hi paul,

I've re-installed KXStudio 14.04.2 and ticked the box to use the default dark theme. I compiled Shuriken and it seems to work fine here - there's no black rectangle and the waveform displays as normal. I'm not really sure what to suggest. Perhaps you've got a graphics driver issue, though that's just a wild guess. Sorry to keep you hanging on all this time and not have an answer at the end of it! :(
Oh... I wonder what it is then. If I launch it from a terminal, when I import an audio file, it says:

Code: Select all

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
  Resource id:  0x3e0007c
If I press the spacebar the file plays correctly...I just can't see it.
Keep on rocking in the free world!

paul
Established Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by paul »

superprick wrote:ardour has rythm ferrett works the same a beat detective in PT
Actually, I've finally manage to get this one working! I thought it was bad/bugged, instead it was just me not getting it. Well, rock and roll! :)
Keep on rocking in the free world!

paul
Established Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quantizing *audio* tracks

Post by paul »

superprick wrote:ardour has rythm ferrett works the same a beat detective in PT
Actually, I've finally manage to get this one working! I thought it was bad/bugged, instead it was just me not getting it. Well, rock and roll! :)
Keep on rocking in the free world!

Post Reply