LMMS crashing and can't upgrade

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

robh888

LMMS crashing and can't upgrade

Post by robh888 »

Hi there, just registered because I have a bit of a bad problem.

I'm using LMMS and have started using automation tracks, but I've just reached a point where I'm using version 1.0.0 and trying to work with automation tracks is causing constant crashes. Apparently this is fixed with later versions, but I can't install because I'm missing "wine-dev", and can't find out how to get it.

I ended up here, trying to do this : https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Compiling-lmms

But as soon as I enter this into the command prompt : sudo apt-get build-dep lmms

I get this :

Code: Select all

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Failed to satisfy Build-Depends dependency for lmms: wine-dev
And I just cannot find wine dev, or even any posts anywhere that explain how to sort this problem out.

So am totally stuck (and this is after installing quite a few other packages that I can't hope to remember after trying other methods.) Thanks loads if anyone can help anyway, because I'm having big problems just trying to make tunes at this point without constant crashes. I can create automation tracks from new, but if I try to edit any on at least one tune it instantly turns LMMS off completely, it just disappears the second I try to do it. So all I can do is keep deleting automation tracks and starting them from scratch, can't edit them, and it's obviously not the best way to be doing it.
robh888

Re: LMMS crashing and can't upgrade

Post by robh888 »

Gah, sorry. Got there in the end with a simple : sudo apt-get install lmms lmms-common

I tried updating, upgrading, had added a kxstudio ppa, etc. I'm just really clueless with this stuff, but nothing had upgraded LMMS until I entered that command.

And my automation tracks will finally open! Awesome. Sorry about the thread, I just thought I'd had it there without any help. I eventually found this thread and just tried out the command I mentioned further up : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1157673&page=2

Will maybe stick around anyway and post one or two tunes in another thread soon.
Luc
Established Member

Re: LMMS crashing and can't upgrade

Post by Luc »

Yay, tunes! \o/