Midi router ?? for guitar help

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

superprick
Established Member

Midi router ?? for guitar help

Post by superprick »

I dont know if this is the right section for this but here goes

I play guitar. i have a rack of effects and preamps about 12 units. They are all midi controllable. and at the moment i use a behringer fcb 1010 as the foot controller. Basically i have it set to send program changes to all of the components together to form a "patch" The only problem is that this controller will only control 5 devices. there are some ways around this but they limit the flexibility and add a layer of complication.
What i am looking for is a program. maybe call it a translator in linux that i can creat patches that set many different outboard devices to a certain preset at the same time. and allow for changes to be passed through to the different components. like say and expression pedal going to unit 3 but ignored by the rest..

I would like to be able to program multiple presets and switch them with program chages coming from the fcb 1010. Am i asking too much or is there such a utility for linux. thanks
superprick
Established Member

Re: Midi router ?? for guitar help

Post by superprick »

i guess a better description is i would like to create multiple scenes. each scene would set each different outboard processor to a different patch and i would like to be able to select multiple sceans from the foot controller
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

I've used mididings for similar purposes: http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/
For what it's worth, I know nothing, zero about programming in Python but managed to create presets in mididings thanks to the great documentation.
superprick
Established Member

Post by superprick »

yeah im playing with that and qmidirout. qmidirout seems like it can do it but by the time i created all the the patches the gui is gonna get pretty messy

mididing. is powerfull but not user frientdly ill probably just buy a rocktron midi raider