Nuendo 4 and winesio

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

iurpas
Established Member

Nuendo 4 and winesio

Post by iurpas »

Hello forum

I'm running ubuntustudio 12.04 and managed to install Nuendo 4.3 trough wine

Installed and sucessfully registerd wineasio driver but cannot choose it on Nuendo's device setup. Has someone around here managed to get this working? I've read it is possible on the web, but no specific solution about this. The driver is shown active in other wine apps.

I'll gladly provide all the necessary details

Thanks in advance

Rui
mgraham
Established Member

Re: Nuendo 4 and winesio

Post by mgraham »

Doesn't Nuendo use a dongle for copy protection same as Cubase? How does that work under wine?
iurpas
Established Member

Post by iurpas »

the only way i found was to run a dongle emulator

I installed the original copy on vmware first and if i dont have a solution for this I will reinstall the windows partition and that's solved.

I have a low-endish laptop it performs way better under linux, and I read on wine-hq that nuendo could run under wine.
mgraham
Established Member

Post by mgraham »

Sorry for side tracking the discussion - I don't have a solution for you. I was asking about the dongle, because I run Cubase under windows, and would love to run it under Linux.
iurpas
Established Member

Post by iurpas »

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=11871

maybe is't worth a try. If it's possible with nuendo 4...

Installed windows till i find a solution for the wineasio thing
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

The following versions of steinbergs software run with wine and/or detect wineasio fine:

cubase SX runs with wine = yes
cubase SX detect wineasio =yes

cubase 4 runs with wine = yes
cubase 4 detect wineasio =yes

cubase 5 runs with wine = yes
cubase 5 detect wineasio =no

nuendo 4 runs with wine = yes
nuendo 4 detect wineasio =no

HALion runs with wine = yes
HALion detect wineasio = yes

TheGrand runs with wine = no
TheGrand detect wineasio = dont know
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

Oh i forgot:

wavelab wine = yes
wavelab wineasio = yes
db50xg
Established Member

Post by db50xg »

Based on my never ending efforts of getting Cubase working on wine I gotta say it is very much impossible. The reason is the dongle / eLicenser. The only Cubase I got working was ancient Cubase SE and that is because it only uses serial number.
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

db50xg wrote:Based on my never ending efforts of getting Cubase working on wine I gotta say it is very much impossible. The reason is the dongle / eLicenser. The only Cubase I got working was ancient Cubase SE and that is because it only uses serial number.
Sorry if i have to correct you, but Cubase/Nuendo is running very well on wine. Of course you need to get some "additional software" to avoid the dongle protection but as you can read in the steinbergs forum its "legal" if you own an original copy and can verify it if steinberg will ask you.
db50xg
Established Member

Post by db50xg »

Having it installed is a completely different thing from it being stable and working enought to actually make music with it. F.ex Cubase 5 Essential installed just fine but can't say it is usable when it does not even properly recognize the elicencer...

I doubt Steinberg allows any kind of use of dongle emulator. Not that I personally have any troubles if someone does use such a thing.

But if you have some kind of knowledge how to get Cubase running on wine, please share the details. I would love to get it working.
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

db50xg wrote:I doubt Steinberg allows any kind of use of dongle emulator. Not that I personally have any troubles if someone does use such a thing.
Well however, i dont want to start a general discussion about such a thing where legal/illegal borders are merging quickly.
If you want to know how to get cubase running smoothly with wine contact me via pm.
LEOBASSARTS

Post by LEOBASSARTS »

akI wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm
db50xg wrote:I doubt Steinberg allows any kind of use of dongle emulator. Not that I personally have any troubles if someone does use such a thing.
Well however, i dont want to start a general discussion about such a thing where legal/illegal borders are merging quickly.
If you want to know how to get cubase running smoothly with wine contact me via pm.
Este post tiene mucho tiempo, pero yo estoy verdaderamente interesado en hacer funcionar Cubase en Linux... Aki, ¿Podrás ayudarme hoy al 2020? te lo agradezco de antemano. Saludos.