Getting Nuendo connected to jack

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

akI
Established Member

Getting Nuendo connected to jack

Post by akI »

Hello,

after i got jack working with firewire drivers i now want to connect my DAW with my M-Audio NRV10.
If i start qjackctl all input and output channels from my NRV10 are shown in the connections window (firewire_pcm).

If i start my wine-based DAW (which is Steinberg Nuendo) there shows up a jackclient 129/128.
On the other hand i see no client in jacks connection window. I only got one WINE alsa input in the pacthbay window.
But i have no clue how i can get sounds from my mixer to Nuendo and back. :shock:

If i speak some vocals in my mic which is connected to channel one of my NRV10 i hear (and see) nothing in Nuendo.

I'm using winealsa (which is standard since wine stopped the jack support) as sounddriver. I read about that i need to use wineasio (WineASIO provides an ASIO to JACK driver for WINE) maybe? I have wineasio installed from the repositories. How can i use it with wine?
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Getting Nuendo connected to jack

Post by Pablo »

Have you registered wineasio? From a normal, user terminal:

regsvr32 wineasio.dll
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

Yes i registered wineasio.dll already. I repeat the comand again

Code: Select all

env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-STEINBERG-NUENDO-4/ wine regsvr32 wineasio.dll
Successfully registered DLL wineasio.dll
I had expected that i got a new registrykey in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\WineASIO but there is no new key.
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

The general Problem seems to be with Nuendo and not with the wineasio.dll
For testing i installed Rolands Cakewalk in a free version, registered wineasio and i can change the driver to ASIO/wineASIO. It runs very unstable but it runs :-)
It also works with Native Instruments Standalones like Kontakt 4, Koreplayer or Absynth.

But im not able to change the driver in Nuendo.
There is only the ASIO DirectX FullDuplex Driver delivered directly from Steinberg during the Installation.

Today i´ll reinstall Nuendo and give it a try to first register wineasio in a clean 32bit wineprefix and after that installing Nuendo.
akI
Established Member

Post by akI »

So back with a fresh installation of my Nuendo, but with the same result.
I registered wineasio fine, but cant change the VST-Audiosystem in Nuendo to any other as to the ASIO DirectX FullDuplex shipped with the Nuendobox (or Cubase).

Anyone out there who had more success with Cubase OR Nuendo (basically Nuendo is Cubase with a bit more audio support) and can change the VST-Audiosystem to wineasio???
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

akI wrote:The general Problem seems to be with Nuendo and not with the wineasio.dll
For testing i installed Rolands Cakewalk in a free version, registered wineasio and i can change the driver to ASIO/wineASIO. It runs very unstable but it runs :-)
It also works with Native Instruments Standalones like Kontakt 4, Koreplayer or Absynth.

But im not able to change the driver in Nuendo.
There is only the ASIO DirectX FullDuplex Driver delivered directly from Steinberg during the Installation.

Today i´ll reinstall Nuendo and give it a try to first register wineasio in a clean 32bit wineprefix and after that installing Nuendo.
Most boxed set DAWs won't work right in wine. Reaper is the best bet, by far. Has been for ages. Some report FLStudio working.
I have used Cantabile 1.2 and EnergyXT at times, and tested Usine briefly, to the point of seeing it loading plugins,
and showing up as expected in qjackctl.

Bitwig linux version is pretty nice, and you can run other daws alongside, if you route them using alsa virmidi connectors
(root runs modprobe snd_virmidi if the module isn't loaded by default.)

Standalone exe apps often run, as you see with NI, if your windows version and bits are supported.
Newer NI versions will require wine masquerading as win7, to install and run them.
Cheers
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

janemcready = spam shoe sales droid