Cadence Alpha 1 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

DoosC
Established Member

Re: Cadence Alpha 1 released

Post by DoosC »

Yeah 8)

Claudia and Carla rocks ! These are amazingly awesome new tools for the linux musicians ! :D
Claudia is already in the center of my everyday workflow and Carla is just waiting to reveal its full potential when it is stabilized.
Thank you so much for this, can't wait for the beta ! :wink:
| DoosC |
alexoest
Established Member

Post by alexoest »

Thanks. That looks very useful. I tried it out, but ran in to some issues. Some of them are undoubtedly newbie questions that I ought to have figured out by myself, but I believe they give a good insight into the novice user's frustrations, so here goes.

Is it all JACK2? And if so, when I install it on UbuntuStudio, don't things get confused when I activate for example QjackCtl which - I assume - is still JACK"1".

I fiddled around with Catia a bit and went from not having sound from LMMS to not having sound at all. I might have removed a connection by accident. Does anyone have an idea what would be missing. Plus, is there a good tutorial somewhere that'll teach me how to distinguish and connect ALSA and PulseAudio and System in the patchbay and to find out what among the many units that I see is my headphone plug on the side of the laptop. I got the hang of it in the old days with JACK, but this is JACK2, right, so some things must be different.

Plus, when starting Catia, I get an "Invalid JACK Buffer Size requested" message. Where should I correct the buffer size, and what should I correct it to?
alexoest
Established Member

Post by alexoest »

Thanks for the explanations. This looks really useful, and I look forward to exploring these tools.

A windows version of Catia might be a godsend to many audio frustrated windows 7 users. I for one would try it out.

An introduction video would be useful. A tutorial on how to get your MIDI over USB piano type keyboard to work with a software synthesizer and deliver sound via the physical line-out jack might help many confused users (at least me).

Thanks for making these great tools! And for being so helpful.
slowpick
Established Member

Post by slowpick »

alexoest wrote:Thanks for the explanations. This looks really useful, and I look forward to exploring these tools.

A windows version of Catia might be a godsend to many audio frustrated windows 7 users. I for one would try it out.

An introduction video would be useful. A tutorial on how to get your MIDI over USB piano type keyboard to work with a software synthesizer and deliver sound via the physical line-out jack might help many confused users (at least me).

Thanks for making these great tools! And for being so helpful.
The qjackctl wiki explains such connextions using the 'old ways', with screenshots to help. :)
They are for standard qjackctl gui, the Falk works are newer improvements on the 'old ways'.
Thad E Ginathom
Established Member

Post by Thad E Ginathom »

Have only had time to appreciate some cosmetic aspects so far, having done the recently-available upgrade only last night. Ten-minute bedtime testing; haven't even listened to any music yet :oops: but ...

Cadence starts minimized nicely.

The icon looks good.

The icon has a tool-tip showing important stats.

Clicking icon maximises, and then minimizes.

Whilst each of these is a very minor item, they are examples of the polish that makes a program or system nice to use. Cadence and KXStudio marches on ... Well done :D