KXStudio it's a GNU/Linux Operative System based on Ubuntu.
It's aimed at artists, producers, musicians as well as regular users.
Like Ubuntu, it has very strong security, it's easy to use and it's free of charge!
You can get more information at the website: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/
What makes KXStudio special?
1) The Repositories (https://launchpad.net/~falk-t-j/+archive/lucid) - this is probably the biggest thing about it.
2) Full 64bit support - You can now run pretty much any 32bit app in a 64bit system!
3) Jack2 and integration with pulseaudio, no need to stop Jack at anytime now;
4) VSTs are available pre-installed. More are available to download via internet at the KDE System Settings;
5) Easy to configure - Audio Paths, Default Applications, Permissions, etc (all in System Settings too);
6) KDE based, giving you the best DE for Linux.
7) Full LADI support
KXStudio comes pre-configured with these settings:
- black theme (gnome compatibile)
- all audio apps outputs to Jack (alsa, pulse, portaudio and phonon-xine)
- custom Multimedia menu, with subdivided categories
- customized applications settings for the best experience (dolphin with "go up", nepomuk enabled but strigi not, etc)
At the time of writing, 32bit and 64bit Live and Netboot ISOs are available.
Downloads page: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/downloads/
For bugs, check the develop tab in the KXStudio website.
Comments are welcome.