U-he native linux Diva is working in Carla

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rncbc
Established Member

Re: U-he native linux Diva is working in Carla

Post by rncbc »

glowrak guy wrote:
rncbc wrote: and if you grab the latest qtractor from git (v0.6.4.8 attotw.) you can also run VST-shell sub-plugins like the u-he Zebra et al.
If you get some free time, could you elaborate on defining VST-shell sub plugin
afaict. a VST-shell plugin is the VST way to "bundle" more than one plugin type under the same .dll (win) or .so (linux).

byee
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Does this mean that it is possible to include effects in a vst instrument gui,
that are actually separate plugins, just wrapped and controlled with one skin?
Cheers
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

varpa wrote:I've got all the u-he plugins working in a recent Ardour nightly: 3.5.4040 and kxstudio 14.04. I learned that you have to tell Ardour to scan for VSTs using Edit->Preferences->Plugin. Also for some reason ~/.vst was not scanned so I moved all the plugin symlinks to /usr/lib/vst from ~/.vst (actually, u-he installer puts them in ~/.vst/u-he but I had moved them to ~/.vst which worked for Ardour 3.5.403, but 3.5.403 does not support all u-he plugins (Zebra, Uhbik).
Does the clic right on knobs work for you on Satin or Presswerk (i didn't try the others) ?

EDIT: Well, the problem i had is fixed with the last nighty build of Ardour3. :D
Last edited by juki on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

glowrak guy wrote:Does this mean that it is possible to include effects in a vst instrument gui,
that are actually separate plugins, just wrapped and controlled with one skin?
Cheers
i guess so, as far as the plugins developer/vendor decides to make it so. although not exclusive to vst instruments. any type of plugin applies.

byee

ps. i must tell you that i'm no expert on this subject whatsoever. but that doesn't stop me to find the vst-shell programming interface yet another bad and ugly design anti-pattern. in fact, imho. the whole vst spec is an infamous paradigm of design anti-patterns :)